When you visit us, please expect the following intake questions:
- What concerns do you have today?
- Do you have other concerns we may address while you are here?
- What is your pet eating? (brand) (can/dry/both) Please let us know if it raw or grain-free - these are very relevant.
- What medications and doses are you giving your pet? Yes, we have records, but want to verify that nothing has changed.
- What flea and intestinal parasites prevention is your pet currently on? (Advantage, Bravecto, Trifexis, etc.)
- Has your pet been coughing, sneezing, vomiting, or diarrhea? (bring stool sample!) Excessive scratching?
- Is your pet's appetite, water intake, and urination normal, increased, or decreased?
- How is your pet's overall activity level?
Dogs and cats:
- Exam annually at minimum. Pets over 8 years old should be seen more often. Remember, one year for your pet is like four years in a person.
- Rabies vaccination
- Fecal test for intestinal parasites (bring a fresh stool sample)
- Distemper/parvovirus vaccination
- Leptospirosis vaccination
- Bordetella vaccination if around other dogs (boarding, grooming, dog park, day care)
- Influenza vaccination if around other dogs (boarding, grooming, dog park, day care)
- Heartworm test annually and monthly prevention
- Distemper/upper respiratory vaccination
- Feline Leukemia vaccination for all kittens, and adults going outside